- I'm afraid he's not at his desk at present. Can I take a message ?
- Yes, please. Would you mind telling him that Gloria Norris called. My number is 0208544 9733.
- Thank you, I'll make sure he gets the message.
Style: professional and business-like
1. Hello, could I speak to...please? = Hello, would it be possible to speak to..., please? (more formal)
2. I'm afraid (more formal) = I'm sorry, but
3. he's not at his desk = he is away from his desk / he is not here
4. at present (more formal) = now
5. Can I take a message? = Would you like to leave a message?
6. Would you mind telling him...? (more formal) = Could you please tell him...?
7. he gets the message = he receives the message (more formal)
DAILYSTEP-3 01 lyrics are property and copyright of their owners and are provided for educational purposes and personal use only.