- Hi Barry, there was a call for you earlier while you were at lunch.
- Who was it ?
- It was Gloria Norris. She left her number for you to call her back. It's on your desk.
- Thanks for taking the message. I'll give her a call now.
Style: professional and business-like
1. there was a call for you earlier = someone called you earlier today
2. you were at lunch = you were away for your lunch break
3. She left her number = She gave me her number
4. to call her back (phrasal verb) = to return her call (more formal)
5. I'll give her a call = I'll call her / I will telephone her
DAILYSTEP-3 02 lyrics are property and copyright of their owners and are provided for educational purposes and personal use only.